tiger princess dance projects is keen on meeting new artistic, production, producing and administrative collaborators. Whether you are a performer, mentor, or arts educator – we want to hear from you! Check out our latest opportunities below or tailor-make your role. Our offices are where YOU are and we like to work at your own pace. We have flexible office hours throughout the year and work during evenings and weekends at specific parts of the year for performances and programming.
tiger princess dance projects creates and facilitates dance and artistic work that explores the authentic self. We believe that there is a dancer in everyone and work with professional, emerging, and amateur dance artists throughout the year. Our goal is to support Yvonne Ng’s (Artistic Director) unique heritage, perspective and artistic values through our work, while also developing and delivering dance education through training opportunities for students, senior citizens, and professional artists.
Our commitment: tiger princess dance projects is committed to equality, diversity, and accessibility across all facets of our organization. We warmly encourage applications and ideas from folks who identify as IBPOC, LGBTQ+, and persons with different abilities. If you require any accommodations please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Have an idea and want to collaborate? Check out one of our postings below or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share. We are open to discussing new and exciting collaborations within the artistic and arts education realms and want to hear from you!
Title: Development Officer
Hours: Part-time, 10 – 15 hours / week for 40 weeks in a year
Reports to: Artistic Director and Board of Directors
Compensation: Between $28 to $38 per hour, depending on candidate’s experience, with no benefits
Application deadline: Friday 25 March 2022
Who we are:
princess productions is an award-winning mid-sized not for profit contemporary dance company, headed by Yvonne Ng. The company that has two divisions: tiger princess dance projects and the biennial dance: made in canada/fait au canada Festival. The focus of the company is the creation and dissemination of art and is invested in building culture within communities. We value dance and movement as an important component of communication that allows us to understand ourselves, share with each other, and express ourselves as multifaceted beings. princess productions does this by housing the creative initiatives of tiger princess dance projects and dance: made in canada/fait au canada.
- Minimum of four years not-for-profit fundraising experience.
- Demonstrate excellence in organizational and managerial skills
- Working knowledge of local and national arts ecology in dance would be an asset
- Strong writing skills
- Responsible for full-cycle management of short and long-term range strategic planning activities and proposals to sponsors and foundations on an ongoing (and as-needed) basis
- Developing new partnerships and maintain partnerships for sponsorships and in-kind gifts for both tiger princess dance projects and dance: made in canada / fait au canada Festival.
- Conceptualizing, develop and execute all fundraising campaigns and fundraising events (Annual campaigns: Giving Tuesday, corporate and foundation giving, fall letter campaign; biennial campaigns to support the Festival and special campaigns)
- Expanding princess productions’ base of individual, foundation and corporate donors
- Arrange and attend any meetings (phone, virtually, and/or in-person) to support sponsorship and partnership relationships
- Work closely with Artistic Director and other team members (board members, artists…)to keep up to date on any new programming being developed across the organization
- Lead campaigns to existing and prospective individual donors including outreach, maintenance and semi-annual ask campaigns.
Knowledge and skills:
- This role is great for anyone who is a self-starter and is good at taking initiative, since the role is permanently remote
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written) are required
- Creativity is key and important in developing ideas for fundraising campaigns
- Teamwork skills are helpful to support larger, company-wide fundraising efforts that require working with multiple people
- Bilingual – English and French
- Available for in-person meeting in the GTA
- Some work will occur in the evenings and weekendsHours of workHours vary depending on the time of year and the projects taking place within that year. The fall (October – December) is when many fundraising efforts take place, the dance: made in canada/fait au canada Festival takes place in August biennially, dance education and performances happen at various times throughout the yearApplication Process:Please send your cover letter, CV and 2 professional references by email to: email@example.com by Friday 25 March 2022princess productions is an equal opportunity employer and accepts applications from all qualified candidates. princess productions strongly encourages submissions from candidates of Indigenous and diverse backgrounds, as well as individuals who identify as having a disability.Please contact us if you have any access needs or require any support regarding your application (for example: video/ audio submissions, deadline, extensions, etc.). We can also be reached by phone at 416-533-8577