Visit tiger princess dance projects if you are:
- A dance artist wanting to explore our repertoire
- A presenter and are looking to connect with our repertoire
- A school group wanting to bring dance education to your classrooms
- A parent who wants to enroll your child in one of our unique programmes
- A seniors group who want to make moving a part of your routine
- A wannabe mover who has always wanted to take a dance class
princess productions was founded in 1995 by Yvonne Ng and became a registered sole proprietorship in 1996. The company was then incorporated in 1999 and became a registered charity in 2000. Since its beginnings, princess productions has commissioned, produced and presented over thirty works and dance films, which have received critical and commercial acclaim across Canada, Australia and Singapore. The works: Language, Treehouse, My past follows like dragon’s tail, Stone Velvet and Fading Shadows/Returning Echoes, STICKS garnered seven Dora Mavor Moore Award nominations for performance and choreography in 1998, 2000, 2005, 2011 and 2017.
“As an immigrant, I’m in awe of this glorious country and am grateful for the contributions to and stewardship of these lands by the peoples that went before me. This land that we created our art on holds thousands of years of human history and on behalf of princess productions’ board, all our artists, our artistic and production team, we pay respect and acknowledge the First peoples who have been living on these lands for thousands of years.
It can be said that making art is the summation and expression of who we are, and it is only through recognizing our history that we have the opportunity to create and share our art with you.
Please join me in respecting and honouring the traditional caretakers of this land.”
– Yvonne Ng
Our activities are generously supported by: