tiger princess dance projects is seeking Swallowing CloudsTM Apprentice Facilitators (SCAFs) with an interest in working in the arts and with children for the Swallowing Clouds programme.
Swallowing Clouds™ is a community literacy and dance project created by Yvonne Ng that has been running in Toronto Public Libraries since 2010. Through movement experimentation, written responses, music creation, visual arts and theatre arts, the Swallowing Clouds artists work with children focusing on storytelling and creative process allowing each participant to engage in creating their own story.
Starting wage is $15/per hour in 2019/20. This position is open to applicants living within the Greater Toronto Area and between the ages of 19 and 29. This position will give our Swallowing Clouds Apprentice Facilitators (SCAFs) practical and theoretical training in creating a multi-disciplinary work for children while giving them meaningful responsibilities with the Swallowing Clouds Facilitators.
- SCAFs are interested in working with children (age 9 -12 years) in a collaborative environment combining poetry, dance, music, theatre arts and visual arts.
- SCAFs are organized, flexible, and work well in a collaborative environment.
- SCAFs are willing to submit to a police check as required for working with the vulnerable sector.
- SCAFs have experience working with groups in a community setting.
- Previous teaching experience is an asset, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please provide a letter of intent (maximum 1 page)
- Please provide a resume outlining relevant experience (maximum 2 pages)
- Provide 2 – 3 written samples of poetry and/or videos of dance (maximum 10 minutes), or 2 – 3 digital files of visual art.
- 2 References* with phone and email contacts
Submission Deadline: Monday October 14th, 2019 (5:00 pm EST)
* Your references should be familiar with you and your work (such as an elder, teacher or mentor).